Arthritis has been considered as one of the most serious diseases of all. It is a problem that arises in joints (a place where two or more than two bones meet).
If not treated on time, it could be lot more tormenting that you can expect it to be. There were times, when diseases like arthritis were limited to people who have crossed their 40s, but in current times, even kids are suffering from such serious diseases.
In this article we will have a look on the most common symptoms of arthritis and then we will have a glance of the specified symptoms of different types of arthritis. So, let us know the common ones first:
1. Joint pain – This is the foremost symptom of arthritis. Since it is such an ailment that arises in joints. It is quite obvious that it will cause pain. Any sort of pain, which is not due to any injury could possibly be arthritis. So, you better never ignore joint pain, and get yourself check if you have been experiencing it. If that pain comes along with fever, it can be infectious arthritis.
2. Swelling in joints – Prominence of this symptom comes second. Reason behind this is the fact that there are several other reasons that led to swelling. But once clearway to recognize it is, unreasonable swelling in joints followed by severe pain.
3. Decreasing mobility – Our joints are the ones that provide mobility to our body. There is a certain mobility range for every joint. If due to any reason, you feel that the mobility range of your joints is declining, then you better take it seriously, as it could be nothing else but, arthritis.
4. Unexplained weight loss – If you have loosed your weight significantly without any reason (with no efforts made), then please don’t take it lightly, as it could be arthritis. Yes, unexplained weight loss is also one of the most common symptoms of arthritis.
These were the common signs of arthritis. Now let us have a look on the specified symptoms of the types of arthritis. Mainly there are two types of arthritis: Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid arthritis.
Osteoarthritis – It is generally caused to those who excessively use their joints that include people with more than normal body weight, sports persons and dancers. Osteoarthritis is caused in those joints that are mainly responsible to handle weight and pressure.
Common symptoms of Osteoarthritis:
1. Unbearable pain in joints that handle the body weight like knee.
2. Difficult to hold things.
3. Feeling exhausted all the time, without doing any hard work.
Rheumatoid arthritis – It is such a disease that is caused by the immune system. Well, you must be wonder that immune system is the one that fights with diseases. So, how can it cause a disease?
When immune systems functions without any requirement, it causes rheumatoid arthritis. Unfortunately, causes of this aren’t clearly known to the medical world yet. I can affect several body joints, which may/may not trouble at one time. It is the most deadly type of arthritis because it affects before you could notice it.
Common symptoms of Rheumatoid arthritis:
1. Gentle, but regular fever
2. Pain in the muscles around the joints
3. Stiffness in joints